Monday, September 9, 2013

Observations and Brain Food

Writer that I am, I have never been much of a blogger. Though as I sat here on my bed, the quiet of the house around me and the tranquility of the moment, I felt the compulsive need to write. This happens often enough and is a feeling that I'm quite used to by now. I have been waiting for the right time to post my first blog here, as I like to be well informed of what I'm writing and the way I combine the use of ideas and words...to make it a single entity that creates a detailed picture in the reader's minds.

While in Houston I was beginning to break out into the acting/modeling world, though sadly that was cut short by circumstances that ultimately led me here to Danville. Coming from Texas to here was a move that I put a lot of thought into and I have to say, it's very different. The hustle and bustle of big city life is the complete polar opposite to small town existence. Honestly, the town that I grew up in has a population much lower than Danville, but does not hold the small town mentality just being less than 10 minutes drive from the Houston city limits.

Everything is different here. The scenery, the people...the roads. The attitude here isn't as heavy, nor the air. But being from the other side of the country in a foreign environment left me with little connections outside Michelle (my wife) and the few people I've met since being here plus the few people she stayed in contact with over the years. Needless to say, my circle of friends has drastically lowered since everyone I know is 1000 miles south.

So when I saw the add for the auditions, I thought that this would be a grand opportunity to not only pick up where I left off at Page Parkes Modeling and Acting, assuming I made the cast, but also an opportunity to meet some people and broaden my social circle some. A chance to meet new people and perhaps at the end of everything, come out at the end with memories that will always last.

This is a new experience for me. And I have been observing the dynamics of the group as a whole. I watch the faces of everyone absorbed into their parts, figuring out their own version of each character, learning off one another...I watch the aura of the group and each person that encompasses it, seeing brightness all around me. It lights up the room. It's fun while making progress, and though it's business as usual, it's easy going and flows perfectly in a harmony that is unique in its entirety.

I don't know what I was expecting when I first signed up for this, but my experience so far has been amazing and I know that as the weeks progress up to the show and beyond it, this is an experience that will not be soon forgotten. Even if I should do other shows (which I plan to do as many as I can), I know that nothing later will compare to this experience and this particular cast.

I am honored to be a part of it and can't wait to see how it all plays out in the end.


















2 comments: